- Parks & Recreation
We are always looking for volunteers! Opportunities include park beautification, special events, and work in our community garden.
If you are interested or know a group that is looking for community service opportunities, complete this Volunteer Form (PDF) and this Volunteer Consent Form (PDF) and return them to the Clayton Community Center at 715 Amelia Church Road. If you have questions, please contact us at 919-553-1550.
Clayton Youth Council (CYC)
CYC is a volunteer organization for area high-schoolers. Its goal is to provide teens with volunteer and leadership opportunities, establish high standards for behavior, and encourage teens to effectively communicate while managing their time and volunteer profiles. CYC meets one Monday a month at 7:00 p.m. Membership is $20 and is open to all area High School students. Registration can be completed online.
The Clayton Youth Council focuses on leadership development by serving the community.
- Service, Community and Volunteerism are at the core of all we do.
- College applications most often require community service.
- College scholarships are given at a higher rate to students that volunteer in their community.
- Members hold elected positions and lead planning meetings
- Members learn leadership and develop decision-making skills.
- Teens volunteer at annual community events.
- Active members can attend NC State Youth Council Conferences.
- CYC averages about 8 annual service projects per year.
- Teens research and plan their own community service projects.
If you have questions about CYC, email Joni Hubble-Zeneberg.
Coaching Youth Athletics is a rewarding way to get involved and share your passion for your favorite sport with the next generation. The Parks and Recreation Department relies heavily on volunteer coaches for all of our youth sports. If you are interested in being a coach, fill out the Head Coaches Application (PDF) and email to Trey Meek at firstname.lastname@example.org.