Welcome the Town of Clayton, North Carolina

The Town of Clayton’s Cross Connection Control/Backflow Protection Program is responsible for ensuring the drinking water provided by the Town remains safe throughout our distribution system.
Click here to read the Town ordinance last revised in January 2020 
Click here to review our Cross Connection Handbook

Backflow and cross connection control devices MUST be tested annually by a certified tester and reported back to www.bsionlinetracking.com for approval.   

As of December 1, 2018, the Town of Clayton will no longer accept backflow test reports. We've contracted with Backflow Solutions, Inc., the nation's leading backflow data management firm, which provides an online tracking system, BSI Online, to automate and simplify the process.

How do I get my backflow device tested?

BSI Online will send out a notice to residents and businesses 30 days prior to their testing due date.

If you received a notice, you will need to:

  1. Hire a registered backflow tester. Tester pricing is not regulated and can vary between companies. Customers are encouraged to compare prices prior to choosing a tester. If you're already using a tester, you should be able to find them by going to to this link for the list of approved testers
    • The Town of Clayton always works to promote support of local businesses. Below is a list of certified Clayton-based testers:




2AM Plumbing

Clayton, NC


All Pro Irrigation

Clayton, NC


  Andy Jones

 Clayton, NC 


Associated Fire Protection

Clayton, NC


Banks Irrigation

Clayton, NC


***BFPE International

Clayton, NC


Edwards Electronic System, Inc.

Clayton, NC


Handyman of Raleigh

Clayton, NC


J & D Sprinkler Co., Inc.

Clayton, NC


Thornton's Plumbing

Clayton, NC


Trew Back Flow Testing & Irrigation

Clayton, NC


***ONLY Test Commercial Backflow Devices    
  1. Provide your Customer Confirmation Number (CCN), located on the notice, to your Tester
  2. Check your test report status using your CCN 
  3. Always have the tester commit to a date that they will perform your work and request a copy of the test results for your records.
  4.  If you have any issues with a tester, please report any deficiency to us by calling 919-553-1530.

The backflow tester will need to:

  1. Perform the required test
  2. Submit all test reports through BSIOnlineTracking.com

Note: Town water customers can register free of charge with BSI Online to view backflow test information submitted to BSI by the tester on their behalf.

Tester Information

New Testers
All testers that wish to get on the town’s approved tester list must send copies of your school certification, equipment calibration, NC plumbing license (if applicable) to www.BSIonlinetracking.com

In many cases, testing is being completed, but results are not being reported in a timely manner. Testers who are found responsible for these delays risk being removed from our published list of certified professionals.   

We understand submitting test results is a shared responsibility with customers and the certified tester, that’s why we strongly encourage those parties to work together to ensure results are submitted promptly.

If you have any questions about our Cross Connection Control/Backflow Program, please email at backflow@TownofClaytonNC.org

Latest News
  • The new field is part of a partnership between the Town and the high school, which will help expand recreational and community involvement opportunities for both parties. The Town of Clayton and C...

  • Clayton Fire Department is eagerly awaiting the completion of its newest asset, the ladder truck. The ladder truck is a valuable addition to the Fire Department's assembly of trucks and engines, and ...

  • Johnston County Public Utilities Boil Water Advisory September 10, 2021 A BOIL WATER ADVISORY FOR ALL ARCHER LODGE WATER DISTRICT CUSTOMERS has been issued for ALL Subdivisions along NC 42 betwe...

  • The Town of Clayton Human Resources Department officially welcomed a new HR Director this week. Kenya Walls began her new role as the Director of Human Resources on Aug. 30. She will be taking ove...

Video Gallery
© Town of Clayton All Rights Reserved