Located at 325 W Horne St in Downtown Clayton, this station opened in 2005 replacing the original Station 1 that was part of the 1927 Town Hall building that now sits empty at 231 East Second Street. This modern station serves as the department headquarters and houses administrative offices, physical fitness room, dayroom, kitchen, and bedrooms. The station includes six bays and is home to Battalion 1, Engine 1, Rescue 1, Engine 12, Rescue 12/Boat and water rescue equipment, our Reserve Engine, and ATVs. We also have the air machine here used to fill the tanks with compressed air that we sometimes need for breathing in fires or other hazardous situations.
Located at 800 NC Hwy 42 East, Station 2 opened in 2000 and is home to three bays, a day room, bedrooms and a kitchen. Station 2 is the home to our Ladder Truck, Engine 2, Engine 22, and Brush 2. Our Trench / Collapse unit is also assigned to Station 2.