Town of Clayton Customers Warned to NOT use Third Party Payment Sites!
No one enjoys paying bills, and that's why a ton of third-party websites have popped up offering to make bill paying easy by consolidating all your payments in one place. They're tempting and some even sport our official Town of Clayton seal – but we have a warning for our customers:
The Town of Clayton DOES NOT partner with these companies! We recommend you ALWAYS and ONLY use the Town of Clayton website for payments.
These third-party pages often charge fees for every transaction, and even worse, there are reports some of these companies NEVER pass your payment on to towns!
Also troubling and risky, because you're working with a "middleman," the payments are often NOT immediately posted to your account! We've heard cases where customers in some municipalities were hit with LATE FEES because their payments took two, three – even seven days to post to their account. Your utilities could even be cut off while these middlemen dilly dally with your money!
The Town of Clayton works with eSuites and Tyler Technologies to process your payments. Again: We ALWAYS recommend you use the official TOWN OF CLAYTON payment website which looks like this:
Our goal is to provide our customers with the ability to pay their bills and post their payments in real time. Our website is available 24/7/365. And if you ever have a question about your payment, about the website or about the status of a payment...PLEASE call or email us at 919-553-5002 or email@example.com
To ensure you are using the Town of Clayton payment website look for this address in the top address bar on your web browser the https://es.townofclaytonnc.org/eSuite.Utilities/Default.aspx The ‘https’ preceding this shows that your payments are processing securely.
Below is a list of all the convenient and easy ways to make a utility payment. Again, be weary...it's your hard earned money. The best way to ensure your payments are made securely and promptly is directly with the Town of Clayton!
- Bank Draft: FREE! Never have a late fee or penalty again!
- Online: By credit or debit card, you can click here to pay online or you can click the large icon "View & Pay Your Bill" below. Save time, save gas, save a stamp! There is a small convenience fee of $3.95 for this service.
- Mail: Do it the old fashioned way for just the cost of a stamp! Slip your payment in the envelope provided and send to P.O. Box 63024, Charlotte, NC 28263-3024
- Pay in Person: We take cash, credit/debit, check or money order at our Utilities & Billing Department, located on the second floor of The Clayton Center, 111 East 2nd Street. We're open during regular business hours, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. During that same time frame, you can drop check or money order payments off in a box located on the 2nd Street side of the building. Look for the drop box in the space between the two sets of glass double doors.
- Outdoor Drop Box: Want to drop off a payment 24/7 from the convenience of your car? Use our drive-up drop box located in the Horne Street ?parking lot of The Clayton Center. Use the box for check and money orders, but not cash. You'll find it on the Fayetteville Street side of the parking lot, and it's super shiny so it's hard to miss!